Fort Colle delle Benne
Fort Colle delle Benne, also locally known as Fort San Biagio, overlooks lake Levico.
It is located at 660 m above sea level and was built between 1880 and 1882 with the function, shared with Fort Tenna, to guard the valley Valsugana and the way to Trento.
Built as a casemate building on a polygonal plan, it is surrounded by a moat.
It was designed following the typical standards of the time: built over 4 floors, it featured a long protected corridor with 47 large rooms on its sides. At the top three rotating gun turrets housed two 100 mm howitzers and an observation post. On the other side, a casemate housed four 120 mm cannons in a battery.
As far as logistics is concerned, Fort Colle delle Benne was equipped with a telephone exchange, a petrol electricity generator and ammunition storage depots.